Recently I have just been piecing some more of the Farmer's Wife blocks. I am really enjoying this project on many levels. It is the perfect project for someone, like me, who wants to experiment and learn about colour and placement.
This is the Calico puzzle block and I chose pink and brown. I like this combination.

This block is called Buckwheat. The brown fabric (which I consider an ugly) has a hint of blue running through it which is why I paired it with the blue. I am getting into a little bit of trouble using fabrics with strong horizontal or vertical patterns. Some of these pieces are quite small and I have to be more aware of how the design works in the small pieces.
This is the Broken Sugar Bowl. As much as I like this colour combination the design on the red fabric doesn't work in the small blocks. These blocks will be set on point and the pattern on the red fabric makes is look like the seam is not straight. In truth it may not be but the design tricks the eye and makes it look worse.
Lastly is the Bowtie. Nice simple fabrics. lovely design with clean lines. No complaints here.
Enjoy your weekend.
Elyte



7 comments:
They all look good Elyte but I do love the simplicity of the bow tie block. That is one that I could give me ideas!!! I abandoned my list recently due to exhibition - just writing and planning it for July hoping to do some catching up on the poor Farmer's Wife.
Shirley.x
Your blocks look fantastic Elyte. All your colour combinations look great.
The Calico Puzzle and Bow Tie blocks are my favorite blocks too. But what's important is that you ARE learning about color and design placement. As you're focusing on those less-favorite blocks, once they're added to the more favorite blocks, all will fit together better than you can imagine. You have the makin's for a gorgeous quilt. Continue to enjoy the process. That's what it's all about!
They are all lovely Elyte..
The colour combinations go well together..
I have been tempted by this quilt...but not just yet, need to finish up some other things first...it'll be like making another DJ!
Enjoy the weekend.
Julia ♥
Love all those blocks. The pink and brown look really lovely. I like that 'ugly' fabric too it looks good with the blue.
Have a great weekend.
Beautiful blocks! My sister just purchased the book.
I am finding the Farmer's Wife sampler to be a very popular project
Post a Comment