ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Farmer's Wife's blocks


I have three more Farmer's Wife blocks finished. They still need to be tidied up and trimmed to size but I will leave that task to the very end.

Birds in the Air


Basket Weave


Basket

I had a little bit of trouble with the basket block and handle. It was a very timely post from Linda at Flourishing Palms who got me out of trouble. She demonstrated how she prepares Celtic bias vines with the use of pressing bars. The answer to my problem and the handle just found its own way home. Thank you Linda.

And this is what I have so far...
6 out of 111 is not much but I am looking forward to this journey in the company of many good friends.



5 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

They all look fabulous!

marina said...

Your blocks look so perfect.only 105 to go! Does that make the glass seem half empty?
Love the pictures from the Essendon quilters and your Fat 1/4 shop goodies.

Shirley said...

Well done Elyte, the blocks look really good. I love the fabric that you have used for the basket block. I too had a bit of trouble with the handle. I didn't use bias and had to tweak it a bit to get it to fit. Every one made is one less off the total. Keep going. It will be one fabulous quilt.
Shirley.

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm very glad to have posted a helpful tidbit of information for you, Elyte! Your basket handle looks PERFECT! And didn't you enjoy hand-sewing it in place? When I made my basket block quilt, that was my favorite part. You're doing a lovely job with your FW blocks.

smileykylie said...

oh they look gorgeous, well done :)