ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, February 5, 2017

New Project/s

It's the 5th of February.

On January 31st the following items were ticked off my list -

The nine patch quilt top with borders - finished   ✔️
The backing pieced from my stash - finished ✔️
Quilt delivered to quilter.  ✔️
Hoping to be sewing on a binding in the near future.

Now to choose the next project.
My broken dishes is a hand pieced project and very close to a finish. In my last post about this project ,in June last year, it measured 32" x 36". Since then 2 more rows have been added. I only want a lap sized quilt, so maybe 3 more rows?

Bravely, I will also add something a little bit different.
In July 2015 I enjoyed a class with a favourite Australian designer Judy Newman. 
I chose her pattern, Vintage Comfort.
The project was stashed away, then pulled out again in January this year when I got the opportunity to take another class with Judy.
This one is machine pieced and I am enjoying playing with different fabrics.
Out of my comfort zone, so let's see what happens next.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elyte,wow such beautiful work,you are amazing,it's always fun to see what you are up to,well done my friend xx

Oddbjørg said...

Love your Broken Dishes quilt!

Helen said...

Always the best feeling when we finish projects and start new ones. Always love seeing your beautiful projects !!

Sue SA said...

Great progress your are making! Very pretty fabrics. Enjoy the speed of machine piecing!

Jeanette said...

Love your Broken Dishes top. So pretty. Hugs,xx

Merilyn said...

Love these gorgeous little scrappy quilts, so pretty and feminine, you're doing some lovely work!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your broken dishes quilt Elyte, totally gorgeous and can't wait to see your Judy Newman one in the flesh x

Karen said...

I like the fabrics you have used in your Vintage Comfort quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done with the 9 patch....love your broken dishes and your Vintage Comfort quilt is shaping up to be gorgeous too xx

kiwikid said...

Well done with the nine patch and meeting your deadline!! Still love your Broken Dishes quilt, the new one look interesting too. They are different fabrics for you.

Cherry Pie Designs said...

Lovely fabric choices...it feels good to tick things off