ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Decision Time

Very happy to have finished another row of my quilt.
It should measure 40.5 x 40.5" but I seemed to have picked up an extra inch either side, so 41.5 x 41.5" it is. The extra 1" is most welcome although unexpected.


I had thought to finish here, but have decided to add two more rows. A little bit bigger would be better.

I had chosen a border but when I saw this lovely fabric by Judie Rothermel from her Old Sturbridge Village Anniversary Collection, I quickly put the other one away. The inner border is another Judie Rothermel fabric bought many years ago.

Definite progress, but not a finish ....... yet!

 My geese for the week. This time I included these lovely little mustard coloured horses.
Week 6

A new mug from The Quilt Shop in Eltham. Just can't resist cute little birds,

... and a few other bits and pieces.

9 comments:

marina said...

Love the borders you have chosen, another two rows won't take too long to whip up. Great geese and lovely fabrics to add to your stash.

Sue SA said...

Love the green border fabric, perfect for the quilt. You seem to live quite happily with modern and reproduction fabrics and envy the ease that you do it with! Love your new purchases, including the cute mug!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elye wow your quilt is looking amazing,well done and some lovely buying there,hope you have a lovely day my friend.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love, love your borders! Also definitely love your pretty new birdie mug and loot x

Julia said...

Looking great Elyte, nearly there..
Great shopping purchases..

kiwikid said...

Wonderful shopping you did...love the cup and the geese look wonderful too, the horses are great. The border fabrics are lovely, nearly a finish!!!

Merilyn said...

Love the border fabric!!! You are doing some lovely work lately!!!

Shirley said...

Think it looks fabulous whatever you choose to do with it. Love the pretty mug. Great find.

Chookyblue...... said...

It looks great..... I do love bigger quilts rather then being too small...