ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Another Mill Rose Meeting

Last week started with a lovely surprise in the mail from Gail Pan. I won a magazine on her blog, featuring her very cute Christmas pattern.
Thank you Gail.


Then on Saturday the calendar was marked with "Millrose". So Anne, Robyn and I set off down the highway to the shop with the red awnings.


Lots of familiar faces greeted us, plus a couple of new ones.
The swap theme was Michelle Ridgway's designs and the gifts were of the highest quality as always.






Lots more photos can be seen on the Millrosie Friends page (check the blogs on the sidebar), plus photos of the show and tell.
The gifts were later laid out together so that we could all admire the beautiful handwork.


Of course we enjoyed a delicious lunch and we were priveleged to get a tour of the new retreat that is currently under construction. Photos can be seen here.

Back at home, another Laura's Legacy has arrived and I am now officially two behind, and I was doing so well with numbers 1 and 2!


16 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

another great day at Millrose..........lovely swap gifts........hope you catch up soon with Laura's legacy.....lovely fabrics..........

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

it was great to see you all again...and I'm sure you'll catch up eventually...

Fiona said...

great magazine to win.. what fun.... you girls always produce wonderful makes for your days... and what lovely fabrics you have to play with there.... now back to work!!!
Hugz

Anonymous said...

so good to catch up with you again my friend,dont we always have so much fun,congrats on your win,i just received my mag from o/s as i couldnt get it in my hometown,till next time.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congrats on your great win. Lovely to see all the photos from your fab day out. Hope you get caught up real soon.

creations.1 said...

Great magazine win. What a wonderful day you all had - really enjoying seeing all the photos popping up on everyone's blogs!!

Susan said...

Great prize, Gail does some lovely designs. Looks like another lovely Millrose day. There is so much more work in little quilts than we think, but they are worth the effort, I'm sure you will catch up.

Julia said...

Great win, Gail does some lovely designs. Looks like you all had another lovely Millrose day. I'm sure you be caught up soon. .

Barbara J said...

So lucky for you to have won the magazine. Are you part of the swap? Some accomplished stitchers for sure. Love the fabrics for Laura's Legacy.

antique quilter said...

always fun to see what others are working on. thanks for sharing your day with us.
love the new kit...look forward to seeing yours made soon?
Kathie

Shirley said...

You girls know how to have a good day out. Lovely stitched gifts.

Christine M said...

It was lovely catching up with you again Elyte. What a great day we all had.

Merilyn said...

Another lovely get together with quilty friends Elyte!!! Congratulations on your win, and I have to agree with Barbara, such gorgeous fabrics for Laura's legacy!!!!

marina said...

love seeing everyone's pics of the get together, looks like another great get together.
Love your new bom instalment.
You will have to crack the whip and get caught up, they are all gorgeous patterns.

Sue-Anne said...

Looks like a fantastic group of ladies that you meet up with. At least the Laura's Legacy quilts are minis :)

Maureen said...

I'm so jealous of your quilty outings! Thanks for sharing.
It's hard to keep up with things like Laura's Legacy. You'll get to them eventually. I love that mustard sashing fabric. Congrats on the win!