ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Keeping busy

More socialising than sewing going on around here.

In late September we visited Linda's barn to see the " All About Chintz" exhibition.
Just a couple of pics but more can be seen here, here and here.




We managed to convince Linda to join us for our annual photo.


Then the following week Marina invited us over for lunch.
This beautifully prepared table greeted us. The company was great with lots of laughter, the food wonderful and not a stitch was sewn.


Earlier this month we visited the North of the Yarra quilt show. This group always presents a wonderful exhibition, good shopping and a very delicious afternoon tea. We caught up with Mel and Christine who helped to organise the show and have lots of photos on their blogs.

We purchased the pattern for this little quilt, which is one of four, in the pattern called Cherry's Hall by the Max and Louise Pattern Co.


And what does every modern girl need - her own memory stick.

And as for the sewing,
there is always a star shining somewhere


and you are guaranteed that I am always playing with scraps.


18 comments:

Fiona said...

looks like a very sociable time... but lots of lovely fabric related things too.... lovely
Hugz

Barbara J said...

Fabulous quilt and blocks! So much variety too. Are the Lemoyne stars hand pieced? Love the fabrics used.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks so much for the tour...lucky you spending time with those lovely girls. Love your spool memory stick...so cute xx

Susan said...

Socialising and sewing seem to keep very close company. Lots of lovely adventures and purchases. I think I have become a scrappy woman too.

marina said...

so much socialising! Shame we didn't get a group shot.
my sandwiches do look lovely though the table looks a little sparse lol
lovely photos

Sue-Anne said...

It has been busy in the quilt socialising arena lately hasn't it. As long as you are having fun, thats all that matters. Love your new USB stick!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Looks like you are having a fantastic time with the girls. Continue to enjoy. hugs

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great show!

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing the show with us , looks like you and your friends had a great time . Pretty blocks you are working on :-)

Noela said...

Lots of lovely social interaction going on and some nice projects being worked on. Looks like you have had lots of fun over the last few weeks. hugs......

Maureen said...

Both those shows look fabulous. Thanks for the links. How big are your stars? hand piecing? What a great scrap project - almost anything goes!

Josie said...

Fantastic quilts on show. Every one is a beauty. Love the new pattern you bought and the Stars and Scraps are just gorgeous.

Merilyn said...

Lovely post Elyte!! Those quilts are quite delicious aren't they, such gorgeous fabrics!!!! Sounds as if you have been quite social lately, love those star blocks!!!!!

Julia said...

Great post Elyte.
Gorgeous quilts, Linda always puts on a lovely quilt show, I will get there one day!
Love the memory stick, I think I need one!

Anonymous said...

you are a socialite Elyte you have been very busy having a great time,thankyou for sharing the pics of those quilts and as always love your work,have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm realizing, as I look at the quilts you've shown, that in your part of the world, medallion quilts are very popular... much more so than here in the US. You've shared some gorgeous ones, with lots of intricate detail. So pretty!

Valspierssews said...

All the quilts look wonderful . I really like the Cherry's Hall pattern.

kiwikid said...

Love your post, some amazing quilts there, and I love the new pattern you have. Your scrap playing look great too!
xx