ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Weekend Break

After a very busy month, I managed to get away for a sewing week end with the girls.
I think I was too tired to take too many photos, so this is my meagre offering.

I dragged out my 3 1/2" tea leaf blocks that I sewed together on an overseas trip about 7 years ago. The majority were made from fabrics collected on our trip and were destined to grow into a quilt for my daughter. So, in true Elyte style, they got put away and were occasionally referred to over the years.


With a touch of spring in the air and a meeting of great quilting minds, it was the perfect time to resurrect this project. Keep it simple the girls said, so with false confidence I started to sew "scrappy".
After lots and lots of trimming, I made up a few blocks of 16 and was encouraged by what I saw. I think it will work.


Anne was sewing together her Immigrant Quilt. This was a BOM from Patchwork Charm in Shepparton.


Jo mastered the friendship braid technique and made three gorgeous purple braids.


We celebrated Robyn's birthday on the weekend and this little bag, made in Robyn's favourite colours, was my gift to her.


My next Laura's Legacy arrived and is waiting for attention.


 Always lots and lots to do.

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

I also like what I am seeing! The beautiful spring colors blend so well.

Christine M said...

Your tea leaf blocks are looking great Elyte. I love Anne's Immigrant quilt.

Fiona said...

nothing like a weekend with the girls to get the sewing out... I just love your tea leaf blocks and lots of other inspirational sewing fromt he others...
Hugz

Shirley said...

The tea leaf blocks look great, a very delicate blend and such soft colours. Lovely show and tell Elyte.x

Susan said...

I think your tea leaf blocks look great together.....maybe they we just waiting for the right time. How lovely to spend the weekend sewing, looks like there was lots of inspiration. Beautiful fabrics in the bag you made for Robyn.

Julia said...

I love the tea leaf blocks, such soft lovely colours.
Sounds like a perfect weekend break Elyte.
Julia ♥

Merilyn said...

You are definitely a master with these little zipper bags!!!! Love the fabrics, it's gorgeous!!!! The tea-leaf blocks look wonderful together, so Spring-like, this will be such a pretty feminine quilt!!!
So nice to see what you have been up to!!!!!

Maureen said...

Love the soft colors of your tea leaf blocks. I always find it fun to pull out an old project and play with it again. Hope you find the time to finish this one. The bag you made for Robyn is beautiful. What a nice gift! Have fun with your new kit!

Barbara J said...

Nice selection of purples for a very useful zipper bag! I've never heard of it called tea-leaf blocks before. But I quite like it ... what with your blog about tea and all ... :) And the colours are soooo refreshing.

Tania said...

Hi Elyte, lots of lovely sewing, I love your tea leaf blocks, and am looking forward to seeing your next 'Laura's Legacy' project - I LOVE the blues and browns together. And your little bag made for your friend is gorgeous x

marina said...

love your tea leaf blocks, I hope they don't get put away for another 7 years?
Anne's quilt is gorgeous hope I get to see that in the flesh.
Jo's braids are great and Robyn's bag is so beautiful. Love the purples.
Hope your new mini instalment comes together quickly, I like the pattern!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Loving the tea leaf blocks, what a great name for the block...the scrappy is working fabulously...great show & tell from your stitching day...enjoy your Laura's Legacy, brown/blue is such a great colour combo...

Anita said...

Hi Elyte,
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Love the projects.
Cheers,Anita.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Sewing weekends with the girls are just the best.