ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Special Week

I have been diligently working on my Laura's Legacy 2 so that I am ready for the next one due to arrive any day now. As much as I have grown to love pinks I had to dilute them a little. I think that a pink binding will add the finishing touch.


I celebrated a birthday recently and enjoyed being spoilt by the girls. The lovely gifts were hand made, purchased and baked. 


A lovely little gift arrived from Barbara, a piece of coffee themed fabric and a little house that will decorate my Christmas tree at the end of the year.


 Merilyn sent me a birthday surprise too. I forgot to include a lovely little tin of sweets that she included.
You girls have thrown me a few creative challenges with these gifts, and I thank you both.


And the last surprise was a parcel from my daughter who was holidaying in Europe at the time. Gorgeous fabrics from Amsterdam and a lovely italian tea towel from Florence.


The celebrations seemed to go on for over a week and I felt thoroughly spoilt and a little bit special.
But life goes on and I am normal me again.
Back to the sewing machine ......

19 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

A suggestion on your Laura's Legacy 2... I think I'd leave the binding the same as the outside of the quilt. There's such a nice pop with the pink on the inside, that it might be a little distracting to pull ones eyes from the center to the edge. Of course, this is only a suggestion, and given with the best of intentions. How nice to be remembered on your birthday with such special parcels. You're a popular lady! Happy belated birthday wishes!

Fiona said...

love your laura's legacy... so effective... and happy birthday for earlier this week... lovely gifts.... it's nice when birthdays go on ... and on...
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Happy Belated birthday. You have some lovely gifts. I love your Laura's Legacy. hugs

Oddbjørg said...

Belated Happy Birthday! You are lucky to receive so many lovely gifts!
Laura's Legacy is lovely.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Elyte. What a wonderful selection of gifts, some really pretty fabrics too. I am not a huge fan of pink either, but your choice in Laura's Legacy looks just right. I'm so glad your friends and family spoiled you and made your birthday special.

Shirley said...

It is very simple Elyte, YOU ARE SPECIAL..

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Oh I had no idea...Happy belated Birthday, obviously you received some fantastic gifts and had a great day.

Noela said...

Lovely gifts Elyte and very Happy belated Birthday wishes. Hugs Noela.

Julia said...

Happy belated Birthday Elyte.
Looks like it was a good one...Some very inspiring fabrics there, enjoy making something special.
Julia

Cheryl said...

Happy belated birthday, Elyte! What wonderful gifts and thoughtful gifts you received. Laura's Legacy is luscious.

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday! You received such treasures! Lucky girl! Love your color change on Laura's Legacy - beautiful little quilt - good for you getting the top done before your next kit arrives.

Chookyblue...... said...

happy belated birthday.......

marina said...

How negligent I forgot to wish you a happy birthday on Saturday.Belated wishes!
Lots of lovely gifts there, love your mini. I like the way you have 'diluted' the pink. It's beautiful.

Merilyn said...

I love your Laura's legacy mini quilt, such a sweet design, that pink really gives it a lovely lift!!! Such nice giftys too!!! What a nice week of surprises!!!!!

Karen said...

I like the color combination in the little quilt with the pink.

Christine M said...

Happy birthday Elyte. You have received some lovely gifts.

Tania said...

Happy belated birthday Elyte. You received some beautiful gifts - and I LOVE your little quilt

The Quilted Finish said...

Happy Birthday, belated. I love your litte quilt, Laura's Legacy 2, the fabrics are great together. Your birthday gifts are definitely the type of gifts a quilty girl loves, lucky you!

kiwikid said...

Happy very belated birthday Elyte! Looks like you had a great time and lovely gifts.
xx