ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Laura's Legacy 2

I have been stealing time in the early hours of the morning trying to finish my first Laura's Legacy quilt. Just a flimsy but it's finished.
This one measures 14" x 16" and I still have quite a bit of fabric left over.


Just in time because number 2 arrived this week - Jacob's Ladder plus a few extras.


Some Theodora Cleave buttons also arrived. These make nice little gifts.


Two weeks ago I bumped into Veronique, who taught us machine quilting a few years ago. She showed me her new Christmas pattern and if you are looking for something festive, this might be it.

There Is Always One
Featured are a reindeer with bling, surfing santa and a Xmas tree with attitude.
Veronique's blog is here and you might want to check out her husband's quilting app "Quilt Wizard". Lots of fun to play with, photographing fabrics, creating blocks and quilt patterns.

Copied with permission from Veronique.

13 comments:

Merilyn said...

Wow! Elyte, love your Laura's Legacy with that poison green, really lovely!!! Your new project looks great as well, love the fabrics!
Those buttons look wonderful, love them!!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome work Elyte your flimsy looks fantastic,well done ,thankyou for sharing this link i am going now to check it out.xx

Shirley said...

I am sure quilt no 2 will look equally as good as quilt no 1. Well done on finishing it. Followed the link. Great Christmas quilt.

Susan said...

I love these tiny treasures you've been making. Lovely fabric selections too.

creations.1 said...

Beautiful work but those buttons are just gorgeous!!

Fiona said...

love the little mini and the next one is going to be great too....
Hugz

Julia said...

Great work on the little mini, and a Jacob's Ladder mini will be lovely too. I love doing Jacob's Ladder for sashings.
Cute buttons.
Julia

marina said...

well done on your finish it looks beautiful.
I am looking forward to you making the next one, I like the Jacobs ladder pattern.
lovely selection of buttons.
Enjoy!

Mary said...

Your little quilt is wonderful. I love how it has turned out. Cute buttons.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely things going on at your place. Your quilt is gorgeous. Love the buttons :)

Barbara J said...

A flimsy is a finish IMHO! Really like the tiny bits of blue in it. Ah ... Jacob's ladder ... a classic block especially with those lovely fabrics!

Maureen said...

LOVE your little flimsy! Congrats on the finish. I've been wanting to do a jacobs ladder for a while now. Great fabrics for you to work with. Have fun with it!

FlourishingPalms said...

How nice to have finished Laura's Legacy just as the next mini quilt has arrived! You must be feeling good about keep up. Will you quilt LL yourself? Seems it would be pretty manageable, being as small as it is. Can't you just see pretty undulating feathers in those long green columns? Continue to enjoy your projects!