ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bluegum QS 2012

November 10th arrived and I met my Quilt Show deadline.
I was proud to hang my Sorrento Squares next to Ali's quilt that I finished earlier in the year. There is more quilting to be done on SS but I will finish that at a more leisurely pace.
That sashiko stitching on Ali's quilt still comes back to haunt me - it catches and there were a few minor repairs to be done before the show.
But enough about me.


The show is held in the Anglican Church next to our hall.

Quilt stands line the perimeter of the room and quilts are draped over the pews in the central area.

Unfortunately my photos are not great and the colours are not always true but you have a snapshot of our presentation.









Elizabeth's little quilt brought back memories. This quilt was made in a workshop with Virginia Enright many years ago. The feature panels are foundation pieced. Elizabeth is the only one who finished her quilt and we lament our failings every time we see this one. Her background fabric was chosen on a shopping trip with 20 quilters giving her advice!

Small quilts.

Small projects

It was a room full of shared memories - reminders of past workshops, shopping trips and week ends away. Remembering discussions about design, colour and block placement and then admiring the finished product.
And we remembered our friend Pat.

17 comments:

Shirley said...

Trying to post a comment again as the first one disappeared into the ether, apologies if it reappears.

I am so proud of you for making your deadline and you have two beautiful quilts hanging for display. You are a lovely caring bunch of ladies and I have enjoyed the virtual tour. Keep up the good works.

Maureen said...

Congrats on getting Sorrento Squares ready in time! It and Ali's quilt are beautiful! So enjoyed seeing all the quilts in the exhibit. I love seeing quilts hung in churches which are typically warm and inviting.

Christine M said...

Sorry I couldn't make it Elyte. It would have been lovely to see all those quilts in person.

Sharon said...

I met you for the first time Elyte with my friend Gina. I really enjoyed the exhibition on Saturday Elyte... Beautiful work - what I like about these exhibitions is that you get to talk to the quilt's maker and it is fascinating to hear the stories behind the quilts... Look forward to the next one in two years...

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt. It looks gorgeous hanging up in the exhibition. You can all be very proud of your work, beautiful quilts. I think you summed it up well, quilts do represent our experiences and memories - and all the better when shared with friends. X

Julia said...

Congratulations on getting your quilts ready in time...both are really lovely.
Great exhibition of work done by the ladies and a lovely way to look back on the memories of those quilts.
Julia♥

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful exhibition Elyte,lots to see,well done.xx

Barbara J said...

Good for you for completing SS in time for the show. Looking really swell.

Fabulous eye candy from The Bluegum Quilt Show!

Sue-Anne said...

What a fantastic display! Lots of beautiful quilts there and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back.

Merilyn said...

What a lovely display of quilts, all very different in style and design. Love your SS quilt, love that applique, it adds such a wonderful charm to your quilt!!!!

marina said...

I forgot to mention to you how beautiful I thought your Sorrento quilt looked, I loved Ali's quilt too. There were so many lovely quilts made by your talented group of crafters.
Guess I didn't win the yo yo's lol.

Lady Locust said...

Oh what fun. In the 6th photo, do you know the name of the Christmas pattern - couldn't make the pix big enough to read it. I just love it - what a hoot!
Thank you,
JoeyLea
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful show in a wonderful setting! Glad both your quilts made it in time.

antique quilter said...

thanks for sharing the show with us
always fun to see quilts in shows in other countries
Kathie

Anonymous said...

A wonderful display of quilts. Congratulations to Elizabeth for finishing her beautiful quilt with all the tiny pieces. It's wonderful to see students finished work.
Virginia Enright

Gina E. said...

It was great to meet you and the other ladies from BlueGum Quilters, Elyte. This was one of the best quilt displays I've been to - and your photos do it justice. Nothing wrong with your camera!

FlourishingPalms said...

Looks like it was a good show, and I'm proud for you to have gotten to display your work too. I'm sure I would have enjoyed seeing all the quilts, particularly because they were displayed in a church. I love to visit churches. Thanks for sharing.