It is October and time to head out to Linda's barn for her annual exhibition.
This year we were treated to a symphony of red and white creativity.
This welcoming sight greeted us.
A floral tribute,
quilts on high,
building blocks,
hypnotic four patches,
(a closer peek),
quilts in all corners,
always hexagons,
lots of little quilts,
geese and real estate,
and a gift to self.
We enjoyed our afternoon tea in the warm afternoon sun.
Thank you Linda for another memorable day.
Didn't get a phone call tonight. Looks like I didn't win the raffle!











21 comments:
So many beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great week!
Wow! Love all the red & white!
Thanks for the picture review! The Folk Art Museum really did a great service having that Red and White show. Besides the show it has been incredibly inspiring to the quilt community as a whole! Fantastic Quilts! Can you tell us newcomers a little more about Linda's Barn?! cheers, Claire W.
What a gorgeous collection of red and white quilts - thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks for sharing your day...I didn't end up going and it has been great seeing the quilts...especially liked seeing the tulip one as I used that block for a cushion cover swap recently, it looks so good in red and white...have a great week...
so many beautiful quilts makes me want to make a red and white straight away. Very pretty gifts to self.
thankyou for the tour Elyte,some gorgeous quilts there,and love your gift to self,enjoy your day .xx
Oh I am so glad you went (and jealous too), the quilts look amazing. Did you go straight home and start your own red and white masterpiece?
Don't worry. I didn't get a phone call either!
Amazing quilt show...I would have loved to be there to see them in person..
One day...I'll come over!
Julia ♥
Gorgeous quilts. They are all stunning. Thanks for the tour. Hugs,
Sorry I missed you Elyte.
There were so many quilts there. I went through 3 or 4 times and each time I noticed a quilt I hadn't noticed before. It was another great exhibition this year.
Lovely red and whites! Thank you for the tour. Geese and real estate ... I like that! :)
How pretty. Loved the photos. :)
Looks like fun! and a great exhibit. Sorry you didn't win the raffle.
I feel like I was there with you, such beautiful quilts.x
I didn't get a phone call either - very disappointed! Great post, I am so inspired by all the quilts.
How wonderful! Love those red and white quilts! Thinking of the red and white show of quilts in New York City last year (was it?), it's sure a popular color combo. Makes me wonder if there are any other quilt color combos that are as popular. Hmm.
gorgeous...........thanks for sharing.........the display looks great..........
Your visit to the Barn was well worth it by the looks, Elyte!!! What a wonderful array of quilts, they all look divine!!! Thanks for sharing, the photos are great inspiration!!!!!
All so beautiful, but there is something about that tulip quilt. Stunning in it's simplicity.
Post a Comment