ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, September 21, 2012

Day out

I had the afternoon off work today and headed off to Moonee Ponds to spend the afternoon with Susan, Marina and Robyn. Susan was visiting from NSW and it was a great opportunity to meet.

We met at Tranquility Crafts and the very welcoming Joanne kindly took this photo for us. 


Susan gifted me the little fabric pack and tea cup label and I bought the blue fat quarter (Susan bought hers first and I copied) and two fat finger thimbles. Can't seem to get my fingers into the smaller ones. As you can see from the first photo, the girls think that's very funny!!!!


We wandered off for coffee and refreshments, where the poor waitress fell over and the owner treated us to the overwhelming smell of bleach as he cleaned the floors.

12 comments:

FIONA said...

What a fabulous day of friends and laughter you ladies have had !!

antique quilter said...

Bet you all had fun anyway! hate the smell of bleach
Kathie

marina said...

a lovely fun catch up!
Hope Robyn realises she is an internet celebrity too now.

Shirley said...

Sounds like a lot of fun was had and some lovely gifting. I too hate the smell of bleach. We recently went to a cafe in Padstow where the owners dog ran out into the cafe and promptly wee'd on the floor by the side of us, the owner just came out with a mop and bleached it. You will be pleased to know Elyte that it was not at Rick Stein's place.

Susan said...

The whole afternoon was memorable. Thank you. X

Cheryl said...

You have some great outings with your gal pals!! Enjoy.

Sheila said...

Sounds like a real fun day out and I like your purchases !Too bad about the bleach that is never a pleasant smell.

Maureen said...

I think the "other things" in your name is mainly socializing! I love how you share your adventures with other quilters.

Christine M said...

How lovely to spend an afternoon with quilting friends!

Anonymous said...

great pics Elyte,its so much fun having a bloggy meet and not very good of that shop keeper bringing out the bleach,so glad that you had fun.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

how nice you got to meet Susan she is lovely.........

Narelle said...

Looks like the perfect get together :o)