I finished my little quilt last month but the winter nasties got me and put me out of action for awhile.
Now my quilt stand proudly displays "Pat's Scrap Baskets".
I used the basket blocks from the Temecula Quilt shop quilt along and practiced some Gwen Marston paper folding and cutting techniques for my appliquéd flowers.
There is a little story attached to this project, if you have time to listen.
Last month we said farewell to our quilting friend Pat.
Pat was always very generous to us, individually and as a group.
Her last gift to our group was her stash.
As I have a bit of a reputation as a scrap collector, often found sifting through the waste tubs looking for reusable fabric pieces, Pat sent me a bag of her scraps.
This little quilt was made from scraps given to me by Pat and I would like to make a series of little quilts in her memory.
I have found lots of pretty triangles,
or maybe something with an Amish flavour
or an oriental theme?
This is more than a gift of fabric, she has given me a bag of challenges, inspiration and creativity.





15 comments:
Something else we have in common Elyte. I too am known for rummaging in the scrap bags that I get given. They are supposed to be going in the doggy pillows but to me they are quite useable scraps so out they come. I shall be interested to see what you make with Pat's little gems. Hope you are now well. Happy Birthday too I believe. xx
Your mini quilt is beautiful Elyte. I'm sure you'll come up with lots of lovely things using those special fabrics from Pat.
What a beautiful idea. I hope someone treasures my scraps when I'm gone.
your finished mini looks gorgeous!
A beautiful tribute to Pat. Will look forward to more mins out of those pretty scraps.
Lovely tribute to Pat...she also gave you some lovely memories in that bag of fabric scraps..
love the little quilt.
Julia ♥
A beautiful little quilt with special memories. I love the little quilt stand too.
It it great you will be able to continue honoring Pat's memory in each quilt you create from that bag of fabric.
Elyte what a wonderful way of looking at that and your little quilt is just gorgeous,well done.xx
What a wonderful tribute to Pat!!! I'm sure she'd be thrilled to see what you have created!!! That little quilt stand really does set little quilts off just so beautifully!!!!
A very fitting tribute to your dear friend! I hope her scraps inspire you for years to come.
A fellow scrap rummager! I once had a lady at a retreat come over to our table and ask "are you the lady who collects scraps?" and then gift me all her cut-offs from her class for that weekend! My friends know they are not to throw away "meterage" *LOL*
Your little quilt is absolutely gorgeous and a fabulous way to remember your friend Pat...glad the winter nasties have moved on, keep well.
the Little quilt is beautiful. Enjoy the scraps as well, I am sure you will beable to come up with something wonderful.
An interesting story to go with your sweet little basket quilt. I love basket quilts.
Your little quilt is lovely, and you'll always remember your friend when you look at it! Im's sure you will make many beautiful things from the scraps she gave yoy.
What a special gift! You're off to a grand start with this precious stash - lovely little quilt!
What a wonderful way to remember a special friend. Everytime you use one of Pats scraps you'll have warm memories flood thru you!
Great little MiNi. :)
Post a Comment