ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, June 25, 2012

June Xmas item - Part 1

This medallion was made a few years ago and I finally gave it a border and some prairie points. This is my Christmas item for June.


I want to take a bit of time to decide how to quilt it. That will be my July task.
I think that I will try some background stippling and just quilt around the star. Any other suggestions?
I have some little bells to sew onto those prairie points when it is finished.

19 comments:

Susan said...

It's great to see a UFO come out of the cupboard and get finished. I think you could hang it anytime, not just Christmas.

Anonymous said...

wow Elyte this is simply stunning,well done.xx

Julia said...

Thats stunning Elyte...nice to get a UFO finished.
Julia ♥

Narelle said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous colours!
I'm never sure how to best quilt things. The little bells on the points will make a perfect finish :)

Maureen said...

So festive! Did you paper piece the medallion? The piecing is awesome so I think you can go with some simple quilting.

Merilyn said...

Wow! Elyte, you have hidden this one well LOL!!!! What a great little quilt, it's just great!!!

Fiona said...

so pretty.... stunning work
Hugz

Barbara J said...

That's a lot of precise piecing. You're sure churning some lovelies every month! Great detailing with the prairie points and bells.

Sue-Anne said...

I love how you have turned a UFO into a Christmas Wall Hanging! It looks fantastic.

Shirley said...

That is a lovely piece of work. You could extend the quilting lines outside of points of the compass so that they look like rays of light. Whatever you choose it will look great and it will be finished. Well done to you.

antique quilter said...

wow that center is stunning.....I am sure however you quilt it will be great!
have fun
Kathie

Cheryl said...

I like Shirley's idea for the quilting! Beautiful and so fun to add the jingle bells.

Cheryll said...

The wall hanging is gorgeous. The prairie points set it off to perfection too.. and I like your suggestion for the quilting too.

FlourishingPalms said...

What a pretty quilt top! If it was mine, I think I'd try echo quilting around the star, to make more star shapes radiate from the center. Sort of a "wave" effect. I know whatever you do will be really nice. Love the depth of that tone-on-tone background fabric. It shows up nicely in your photo.

Sisbabestitches said...

Elyte this is absolutely stunning, the piecing and colours are gorgeous, wow. I like everyone's ideas for the quilting, it's such a great idea to take you time to decide. And now you have a bunch of different ways to choose from, lol

Christine M said...

WOW Elyte! That's fantastic.

Brenda said...

Stunning piece! I like your idea for the quilting, and the bells will be a nice touch.

marina said...

what a beautiful hanging. All those points in the medallion are amazing. Love the idea of the bells on the prairie points.
Happy quilting.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the border/prairie point treatment...fabulous way to highlight such a beautiful star medallion...no clue as to how to quilt it, my brain turns off when it comes to the quilting part - I am really good at straight lines! *LOL*...have a great week :)