ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New arrivals

Our postie was very busy last week, stopping by quite often.

I have been wanting a little quilt stand for awhile and a blogging buddy pointed me in the right direction.


I dropped everything to make a little project for the stand.
Here's a peek, it's almost finished.


Another instalment of Marg Low's From Me to You club arrived.


The much anticipated arrival of the new book by The Quilted Crow girls. If you want to see some of the projects go to the Martingale site and flip through the book.


And finally my 50% off fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop.


Why?

Because.

There is no other rational explanation.

18 comments:

Julia said...

"Because" is a good enough excuse as any Elyte...I use it a lot!
Love the little stand...very cute!
Julia ♥

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a fab postie week...Because is a rational explanation in my world...they are gorgeous and 50% off so really, you had no other option :)

Fiona said...

Those stands are lovely and you are making such a pretty mini for it.... lovely fabrics 'just because'.... way to go...
Hugz

Sue-Anne said...

What a gorgeous little stand, the quilt is going to look really cute hanging from it.
Love all your other deliveries too, especially the crow central book!

marina said...

I am glad your mini isn't finished yet mine seems to have hidden itself under some other projects!
Love, love your fabrics!

Susan said...

I think you really needed those new purchases. You have obviously shopped very carefully, and taken good advantage of a sale - think of the 50% you saved! I love all the mini quilts that are around, and your sneak peek looks good too. Yummy fabrics.

Susan said...

Just checked out the book - expecting to see some nice projects made from that.

Christine M said...

Don't you just love the stand! I love mine and it looks so nice next to my treadle machine. Looking forward to seeing your mini quilt!

Anonymous said...

Such lovely buys there Elyte and cant wait to see your mini quilt.xx

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Because sounds like a good reason to me!
Love the quilt stand!

Miriam said...

With beautiful fabric like those, "because" is the perfect reason!

Love the quilt stand.

Barbara J said...

Ah ... nothing like some goodies in the mail! Looking forward to your little quilt for the quilt stand and the fabrics are yummy especially at 50% off!

Cheryl said...

Fabric purchases....who needs a reason! Your new acquisitions will make a great addition to any stash!

Merilyn said...

Love your little quilt stand!!!! Did you get it locally? Those books look great, and I did have a peek at the Quilted Crow, book, such lovely projects, all divine!!! Such luscious fabrics too.....

FlourishingPalms said...

I hope you put all those things to good use. It's fun to be inspired by new stash things, isn't it?

Shirley said...

Because is a great reason as far as I am concerned. Why not? that would be my follow up. All looks good.

Sheila said...

"Because" is a perfect reason I think , those are really gorgeous fabrics . Can't wait to see what you have made for your little stand . The book looks wonderful , will have to check that out.

Cheryll said...

And I know just the place to get some "other" mini's... join the mini club!
It's all FuN! :)