ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, March 14, 2011

A finish of sorts...

I have finally finished my 50 signature blocks for my Yahoo group. These will be posted off to Sandi in Alabama. I enjoy playing with colours in these little projects. I have placed one favourite on the top and I have another favourite in the back row. Can you guess which one it is?


There have been some new additions to the fabric family in the past week.
My bi-monthly small sample squares from Somerset Patchwork arrived. These are from the Miniatures collection by Julie Hendrickson for Windham Fabrics.


And I have had my eye on these Primitive Muslins for a while now and when the Fat Quarter Shop offered a discount on postage, I pounced. I added a few other fabrics that caught my eye.


There has been a lot of discussion about UFO's on blogs recently. I have my own list but the one that has taken priority is Ali's quilt.

This quilt was started for Ali's 21st birthday. Ali will be 23 at the end of this month. Am I embarrassed? Oh yes! I blogged about it here and hoped that by putting it "out there" I would be motivated to finish. That didn't work but I am glad to say that there is much more sashiko completed as I write this post. Did I mention that I have come to hate sashiko?
Please help me and nag me constantly about this project!

13 comments:

marina said...

loving your signature blocks. Your new fabrics are divine. You must have a wonderful collection.
Please finish Ali's quilt it is so lovely it deserves to be finished. Will book in for a nag again soon, that was just a little plea!

Shirley said...

Good morning/evening Elyte. I am in no position to be nagging anyone to get on with finishing things but if it helps....
That really is a beautiful quilt and the sooner it is done then you can go and cut those very pretty fabrics you have just bought. I can see quite a few there that are to my taste. Well done on finishing the signature blocks.
Love Shirley.x

Valspierssews said...

Your signature blocks look lovely. What a good finish. Now just you make sure you stay away from those new fabrics until you finish Ali's birthday quilt.

Maureen said...

Rewards always work for me. As I finish up something I'm already planning a new start! Ali's quilt is beautiful - I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the sashiko. Wish I was a part of that sig block exchange - yours look fabulous!

Barbara J said...

Gosh, those sig blocks looks great! And the fabrics ... envy envy ...

Look at it this way ... once you've finished with the sashiko ... you'll never go near it again. Finish it and be done with it!

Oddbjørg said...

The signature blocks are great! The new fabrics are wonderful - the same is the quilt. I hope you finish the quilt - I'll give you a push now and then :-)

Cheryl said...

Looking forward to getting my siggy block. I love the blue and cheddar one in the back row. You acquired my favorite black in your collection and that yummy JR red!
Ok, get to work on Ali's quilt. Great present for her birthday?!

Sharon said...

Ali's quilt is lovely...hope you are working on it and we get to see it finished soon...too pretty to put away! Love your new fabrics...I am drooling.

Frances Leate said...

Lovely signature blocks Elyte and I am very partial to some of those fabrics. I really like Ali's quilt and sympathise with you about finishing it - some times other things just seem to get in the way. Take care.

Julia said...

LOVE those siggie blocks Elyte..lots of lovely fabrics in there..
Come on Elyte finish Ali's quilt, you will feel so good when it's done..
That's my bit of nagging!
Julia

Merilyn said...

Your little siggies are just delightful!!! Love your new fabric additions! I also have a couple of Japanese UFO's, (they may be older than yours LOL!) but I love doing sashiko!!! The more I think about my UFO's the guiltier I feel - I doubt I could even lay my hand on my sashiko pieces, I haven't seen them in a very long time......oh! dear!!!

marian said...

I LOVE your siggy blocks, Elyte and i can't wait to get mine!! they are all so beautiful and your signature is ssoo neat! btw i love the one on top too and my guess is second from the left in the back row??
i love your new fabrics..drool!!
as for Ali's quilt, it's stunning..you MUST finish it and i know you'll be glad when you do, i'm sure Ali will be too!!

julieQ said...

I really like the colors you used in your swap blocks! Gorgeous! Hey, better late than never, and she will love this quilt!!