ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, February 21, 2011

A win and a little project

Last week I was the lucky winner of a guessing competition on Marg Low's blog. As promised this lovely little parcel arrived.....


And inside I found Marg's new pattern, hot off the press,
Grecian Times.

If you want a closer look at this pattern or any other of Marg's lovely designs check out Marg Low Designs.
Thank you very much Marg.

Two weeks ago the girls and I went on a shopping trip to Somerset Patchwork and Quilting. It was sale time so I responded accordingly.
Amongst other things, I brought home these gorgeous reds and shirtings

and proceeded to make a little table runner in honour of Valentine's Day. You must know by now that I am often late.
I was rushing this little project and have done several things incorrectly, but I will quilt it, use it, learn from it and enjoy it.

(Struggled with the photography on this one. The fabrics in the photo are more accurate in colour than in the table runner photo).

I am going to use this little table runner as my "1 item a month" Xmas project. It's stretching the rules a bit but February was too busy to make anything else.

22 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love the table runner!
Congrats on your win!

FlourishingPalms said...

We can tell you love red! The runner looks great from here! Lovely work.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your win and the Valentine's tablerunner is too cute. Nice reds!

Frances Leate said...

Congratulations on having a win and what gorgeous reds. Your table runner is lovely and I am sure you will enjoy using it. Take care

Barbara J said...

Lucky you! Interesting block for sure.

Red and white fabrics ... be still my beating heart ...

The table runner looks great. And the colours, lovely. You know what the quilters' joke say about a galloping horse. Can't see any boo boos here!

Maureen said...

Congratulations WInner! I like that pattern and all the reds. Your table runner is beautiful and it looks perfect to me!

Shirley said...

Love the reds Elyte and the table runner is gorgeous and looks perfect from where I am sitting. Great pattern you have won too.
Love Shirley.xx

Oddbjørg said...

Your table runner is just lovely!
Congratulations on your win.

Mary said...

Hi Elyte!
Howz it going? I love the beautiful reds in the table runner. You do such fab work. I am still plugging along on my monkeys and Cynny is doing a booming biz on Etsy with her raggedies. God bless and hope and pray Australia is recovering quickly. Love to you!

Jo in TAS said...

Congratulations Elyte! I'm a big fan of Marg's projects! Love your table runner too and what mistakes, looks perfectly good to me!

Merilyn said...

Absolutely stunning Elyte, I just love your table runner!!! Doesn't Somerset have just the loveliest fabrics? I have purchased from them on-line and met some of the staff at their vendor stall at the Brisbane Quilt Show last October.

marina said...

the reds are gorgeous and look beautiful in your table runner.
it will be lovely to see you make up your new pattern.

BubzRugz said...

Hi Elyte, well done on the win... great pattern - it almost looks like tiles... I guess that is why Grecian? Love the reds and white you bought.... have fun with them...
Hugz

Valspierssews said...

What a great win, and I love those reds. The runner looks great and quite Chrismassy too.

Narelle said...

Lovely red and white runner ... this way you get to use it twice a year.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I love reds also Elyte. "Beautiful" table runner. It has double use!!

Congratulations on your win! Great pattern ---have fun with your new projects.

Carolyn :)

Sheila said...

Congratulations on the win and I love the runner , very pretty and I don't see any mistakes either ,great finish!

Cheryll said...

Well it gets my thumbs up! ANY project done is a good project I say! Congrats on your win too! :)

Brenda said...

Very nice table runner! What mistakes? It looks perfect like that - would be nice for Christmas too! congrats on the win!

antique quilter said...

lucky you looks like a great pattern!
oh my love those reds and shirtings..
ah yes I need to collect more reds this year, shirtings well one can never have enough of those!
LOL
love your table runner, very pretty.
Kathie

Karen said...

Such a cute little runner. Good for Valentine's Day but yet something that could be put out over the Christmas holidays too.

green tea and red nails said...

oh yay! congratulations on your win :)

love the table runner!

kel xx

p.s - if you are interesred in expanding your vintage sheet FQ stash i am hosting a swap over at my blog. pop over and check it out if you are interested!!
http://greenteaandrednails.blogspot.com/2011/03/vintage-sheet-fq-swap.html