ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, February 3, 2011

February at a snail's pace

It feels as though the year has just started and we are already turning the page to February.

We have a lot of family birthdays in February so my sewing will proceed at a snail's pace this month.
Very pleased to have finally finished my Seven Sisters block for the Civil War quilt. The background will be cut to size when I start sewing all the blocks together.


I finally received my new book from Kathleen Tracy. So many lovely projects to make and a great book to read and leaf through for inspiration. My fabrics from ZandS fabrics also arrived. I received so many gorgeous fabrics at a great price. Just as I decided not to buy anymore fabric, but to actually use it, I received a sale notice from one of my favourite quilt shops, Somerset Patchwork and Quilting. Just one more time! We have to support the local economy too.
A day out with lunch and shopping has already been organised.


Our Monday night group donated lots of sewing items for the "New Beginnings" project organised by the Gum Tree Designers for quilters affected by the floods. I sent the parcel last Friday but it still hasn't arrived. I hope it makes it through the cyclone.

Our thoughts are with the Queenslanders who are suffering through yet another disaster.

15 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

The book and the fabrics look great. Look forward to the day you can show the finished quilt.
The people in the cyclone area is in my thoughts.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I just received this book---love it too!

Your donation is wonderful.

:) Carolyn

Jo in TAS said...

Love those fabrics and the book looks interesting.

Maureen said...

I love how you used 7 different fabrics for your stars.

Barbara J said...

The Seven Sisters block is perfect! You'll notice I skipped it :p

Nothing like a lovely book and fabrics to make one's heart sing.

Good work with the donation items.

Julia said...

Lovey block Elyte..I love how you did the stars in different fabrics..the book looks interesting.
I hope your parcel gets through..
Julia ♥

marina said...

Love your new block and your new Civil war fabrics are gorgeous. I must use my small stash one day! Maybe I could just keep adding to it in the meantime?
That is a lovely parcel of goodies you have sent up to the flood victims.

Shirley said...

Hi Elyte,
Love the seven sisters block and I may have to put that book on my shopping list as I have seen a few reviews of it, plus I can see a little hexagon quilt on the cover. Nice fabrics too. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose all your precious belongings so that is a generous gift from your sewing group.
Love Shirley.x

Merilyn said...

Lovely seven sisters block Elyte, I never thought of using different coloured stars!
Yes I finally got my book too, whoo hoo! it's very yummy!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on completing the Seven Sisters block. I am ashamed I haven't given it at least a try. I'm piecing the second quilt from Kathy's book already. The Shoofly Doll Quilt went together so quickly. Now I am on to the Album Quilt. Your donation, I know, will be greatly appreciated.

antique quilter said...

your seven sisters block is my favorite one I have seen so far,
beautiful.
I ordered Kathy's book too can't wait to get it.
so nice of you to donate it will be treasured by these quilters I am sure.
kathie

Valerie said...

Hi Elyte, I love your 7 sisters block! What a great idea to use different fabric for each star!

Sue-Anne said...

Your seven sisters block is lovely Elyte. I am going to order that book too as I have her other books. have fun shopping at Somerset, wish I was a bit closer!

Karen said...

Good job on those stars!

Wendy said...

I can't believe it's Feb already. Your block looks great. I'm sure the donations will be much appreciated.