Just stitching away quietly and noticed that it is almost time to turn the calendar over to a new month.
There is not much to talk about so let me show you a pillow that I finished last June.
It began with two fabrics that caught my eye. I wanted to showcase those lovely little birds (don't know the name of the fabric range) and I love this background fabric from Modern Background Essentials by Brigitte Heitland (Moda Fabrics).
The birds became star blocks, 6" finished, and I auditioned lots of fabrics until I found just the right ones.
There were more decisions to make because some cornerstones were needed.
The final cushion is 20" square and the backing is this great fabric with writings by Van Gogh to his brother, Theo.
(Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam by Robert Kaufman fabrics)
It now lives on the bed in the spare room with some friends that I will introduce at a later date.
The pillow was machine pieced and hand quilted.
And some more One Block Wednesday blocks .......
My count - 53.
Temecula count - 120.






8 comments:
Hello Elyte. Your cushion is gorgeous! Love it! Your blocks are growing nicely too x
Hi Elyte wow your cushion is amazing i love the fabrics they are perfect,what a beautiful new addition to your home,lovely blocks too,well done my friend xx
The pillow is super sweet, such pretty fabrics. Love your Temecula blocks, I keep saying I am going to join in but it hasnt happened, but enjoying seeing everyone else's blocks.
I love how you have showcased the birds with the other fabrics … the pillow cover is just lovely. Great going with OBW blocks.... love your colours
Hugz
Beautiful pillow Elyte, love the fabrics. The OBW blocks are beautiful too.
The pillow has a very vintage look. I love the bird print and how you have used it.
Gorgeous cushion, love the birds, it's so happy :)
The pillow looks lovely... Great use of the print. ....
Post a Comment