ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Gisborne Gatherings

Last Saturday we ventured out to "Patch N Quilt" in Gisborne for a special event.
Irene Blanck was signing copies of her beautiful new book "Focus On Appliqué". We also organised to meet up with the Gisborne girls, Tania, Marg and Tracee.


Marina and Irene in front of Irene's newest project, "A Paradise of Birds".


Of course there was shopping and Anne was trying to convince Marina to share her voucher. And do you think that she would?


Of course I bought a book. With 13 beautiful projects, how could I resist?


We ended the day with a very long and leisurely lunch, and made plans for another get together in the near future.

We last saw the Gisborne girls at the Sunbury Stitchers Quilt In on June 13th.


The Sunbury Quilters always put on a fabulous event.
I was trying to get a photo of Sue while she wasn't looking.


The Quilt In was just after my swap pincushion arrived from Fiona, so of course it had to come with me so that I could show the girls.


Prior to this outing, we all met at the Gail Pan sewing day on March 28th.


Shez was there too.


 I suppose some one had to be the teacher's pet.


A final photo to remember our day in Narre Warren.


I bought Gail's "Pear" pattern and here is my version waiting to be quilted. 

Mini milestone #4

15 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful collection of photos Elyte, we need more of those catch up days...much happiness happens on those days!! Love the pear quilt!!

Fiona said...

What a lovely social sewing life... love those applique designs.. and lovely seeing the pincushion on an outing.. thanks..x those pears are just lovely
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

so tempted to get that book..........you have a gorgeous group of girls to catch up with.........

Anonymous said...

Hi Elyte you have taken some lovely pics,you have had lots of chances to catch up this year,are you going to the Fig,n,berry one this month

Willsquiltnsew said...

Many lovely catchup days we are having!

Susan said...

Of course you had to buy the book when the author was there. Gorgeous selection of projects to choose from. You have had some lovely sewing outings. I really like your pear quilt.

Melody said...

I love Irene's designs - how wonderful to meet her

Sue SA said...

Oh I have the pear pattern too! Looks gorgeous, love those colours. Glad your having lots of quilty get togethers with friends...did you buy anything?

Sue SA said...

Opps I meant fabric, the book is a given :)

marina said...

such lovely days of socialising!
so love your pear quilt

Shirley said...

Looks like you have been having a fun filled time. Great little quilt you made.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a great get together! Love your book and the pears are gorgeous x

Cheryl said...

You gals always have such fun outings! The pear quilt is precious.

Maureen said...

Sounds like so much fun! The pear quilt is beautiful!

Merilyn said...

What a great time you all look to be having....!!!! Love your little 'pear' quilt, it's very cute!!!!!