ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stars, stars and more stars ...

Another little milestone achieved - 
15 more hand pieced stars to add to the collection.

Mini Milestone #3
I was inspired to start this project mid 2013 after seeing Susan's beautiful star quilt.
I wanted one too.
I have made 85 stars so far.

I will need about 120, so it might be time to start thinking about the setting.
I was originally thinking about this setting .....


..... or maybe on point.


Then I saw a photo somewhere on the internet and thought that this might work.


Yes, I think this might be the one.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elyte love these blocks,yes i loved Susan's too,and the last layout is my favorite too,well done my friend xx

Cheryl said...

Good choice. It is going to be stunning.

Sheila said...

Beautiful star blocks and it do like the setting you have chosen .

barb's creations said...

Yes I think the last photo is the one as well, love your star blocks :) Barb.

kiwikid said...

Wow you have been busy! The blocks are gorgeous! I like all the layouts!!

Jeanette said...

Love you stars. I do like the last photo the most. Hugs,xx

Susan said...

Very nice. I like the last setting too, it suits the stars. Its a great long term project, easy to work on in stolen moments.

Fiona said...

they do look lovely and I think the last setting also looks the most amazing....
Hugz

Tania said...

Your stars are gorgeous Elyte, and the last layout definitely shows them off the best. Really gorgeous...

Barbara J said...

Yeap, the last setting is super! You're getting there ...

Christine M said...

I like the last setting too, Elyte.

Merilyn said...

Gorgeous blocks, and I love the setting too!!! This will be a wonderful quilt......

Anthea said...

Hi Elyte - they are all great ideas... I'm no expert but I do love the last setting too..
Lovely piecing, very skilled!

Sisbabestitches said...

Lovely star blocks, heaps done! Really love the last layout- just like everyone else- wow who knew I could conform? lol Your mini milestones are working a treat :)

marina said...

lovely additions to your starry collection!
your setting choice is fantastic. can't wait to see it coming together into a top.
happy sewing

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous stars...oh yes, the third one, love that one....

Shirley said...

Sounds like you have found the perfect setting for your beautiful stars.

The Quilted Finish said...

Your stars are going to become a truly lovely quilt, I went and had a look at Susan's via the link you provided, I totally understand why you had to make your own!