I have been quiet but not idle.
Let me take you back a month or two.
In July I celebrated a birthday. The girls gave me some lovely gifts, including a pair of china tea cups, oven mitts, fabric and my own 15" ruler ...
… plus a pair of Gail Pan designed pincushions from Anne and some checked charm squares from Barbara in Malaysia.
In early August I participated in a QAYG workshop. Still a WIP and sewing down the sashing strips to hide the joins at the back. I intend to add a border just to make it a little bigger.
In August we also enjoyed our annual sewing week end in Sorrento.
On the way we stopped at the new Treehouse Textiles shop in Mornington.
As in past years on our Sorrento week end, we were spoilt with good food,
and lots of lovely projects on the go.
And I have made a start on my "Shirt Project" that began at our last Mill Rose day. I have chosen my "one other" fabric which has a pattern of hand written text, just to change the rhythm of the project. I just want to have a bit of fun with this one.
and lots of lovely projects on the go.
I worked on my Tea Leaf quilt which has been a WIP since I started it on an overseas trip in 2007. Here it is on the design wall during lunch preparations
I am very pleased to say that the top is finished and has been delivered to Christine for quilting. 396 31/4" finished blocks, each with a hand appliquéd tea leaf. So, so pleased to have this one almost finished for my daughter and to have chosen the binding too. This quilt is based on the pattern "Tea Leaf" from the book "More Quilts from The Quilt Makers Gift"
As a group we did some secret sewing for Annie's special birthday. We each made four blocks and with a few secret sewing sessions we made this little quilt that we presented to her on the week end.
And I have made a start on my "Shirt Project" that began at our last Mill Rose day. I have chosen my "one other" fabric which has a pattern of hand written text, just to change the rhythm of the project. I just want to have a bit of fun with this one.











12 comments:
You certainly have not been idle.... So many lovely projects. Love your tea leaf quilt!!!!! What a special gift you all made x
lots and lots .... I just love your tea leaf quilt... what a lot of work and it is stunning.... I like your addition to the T shirt quilt...
Hugz
Lovely projects on the go Elyte. It's nice to get some things up to the finishing stage. Hugs.....
Lovely projects Elyte, and Happy Birthday for way back in July! I love your tea leaves quilt, maybe it just needed time to "steep" before being finished. Your retreat weekend looks like it was fun too, so nice to spend a weekend sewing and getting inspiration from your friends.
Woohoo! A finish is a finish no matter how long ago you started it. Even bigger cheer in my opinion for perseverence. Looks great. Lovely post Elyte.x
your tea leaves quilt is so wonderful.
Annies quilt is fantastic, I can imagine how excited she was to receive it.
such pretty, thoughtful goodies for your birthday too.
Your sorrento weekend was very productive.
happy stitching
You have been busy. The shirt quilt intrigues me. Tea Leaf is yummy and I know Annie must adore her birthday quilt.
Oh my! Elyte you have been keeping yourself busy of late and such lovely projects too......your shirt project is an interesting one as well, I love your additional fabric, this will add a great visual feature....look forward to seeing your progress with this.....
Looks like someone has been really productive! The tea leaf quilt is surely precious. And like Merilyn, I'm curious re the shirt quilt.
Wow...happy belated Bithday...big hugs and kisses sent your way, your tea leaf quilt is amazing and I just love Annies grin. Great start on the shirt project.
Love your tea leaf quilt !! You have been very busy, happy belated birthday too, Annie looks so happy so nice to see. Great to see the shirt quilt under way.,
Hi Elyte, I enjoyed our chat today, your blog is lovely and I have enjoyed browsing through it.i will look forward to seeing your post on Stonefields. :)
Post a Comment