Susan was in Melbourne for a few days and was able to share a few hours with us.
We met at Tranquility in Moonee Ponds and with the help of the owner Joanne, we shopped and chatted and chatted and shopped. Joanne kindly took a photo for us in the same spot that we stood two years ago during Susan's last visit. Then it was off to lunch and hours of conversation.
Earlier in the year, Susan and I had decided to swap 12" mini quilts.
I had been burning the midnight oil trying to finish my project and I am happy to say that it was done. I did ask Susan to sew on the label when I send it to her. Just ran out of time.
Susan gifted me this beautiful mini, made in her signature reds, and it now hangs on my quilt stand in pride of place in the lounge room.
So carefully pieced with great attention to detail and beautifully quilted. It is just perfect.
This was my quilt for Susan, heavily influenced by a project that I am currently working on. It grew to 15 ½ inches in size but luckily Susan said that was ok.
A really enjoyable afternoon and we look forward to Susan's next visit.



15 comments:
Both the swap quilts are truly delightful. Catching up with friends is so lovely
Lovely swap minis! Nothing better than shopping and a lunch out with friends! So funny to see you all in sweaters when we are sweating it out here!
We do like our red fabrics, don't we. Thanks for a great afternoon and swap, my new mini is on the wall too.
fun to get together and you both did amazing little quilts...
Hugz
Sounds like you all had a wonderful afternoon together. Your little mini quilt is beautiful, as is Susan's.
Another lovely get-together!! Both small quilts are just gorgeous!!!!!
Lovely little quilt given and received. So pretty in reds.
both mini's were gorgeous. great that you both have them on display to treasure.
Such a lovely afternoon..
Both mini quilts are just gorgeous, Elyte. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
sounds like a perfect catch up..........both the minis are gorgeous.............
Both the minis are beautiful - you both do amazing work!!
xx
Ohhh the mini quilts are just gorgeous, sounds like lunch was pretty quiet......lol
Hi Elyte so glad you got to spend a lovely day with Marina and Susan and wow both those mini's are gorgeous,well done ladies,awesome swap.xx
Can I add you to my aussie quilters online blog? It's how I keep track of my australian stitchy friends.
http://aussiequiltersonline.blogspot.com.au/
The 2 little quilts are lovely, I particularly like the fabrics you used in the one you made. Gorgeous!
Post a Comment