ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Gathering in the Barn 2014

Last Friday we ventured out to Linda's Barn for this year's Gathering in the Barn with the Quilted Crows.

Warm smiles and big hugs greeted us as we entered a now, very familiar space.


Our project for the day was a lovely wool on linen project. Everyone dived into their work without delay and as I was struggling to find someone to chat with,  I set to work too.


Good progress was made and lots of chatting was eventually enjoyed.


Some new Crow projects on show.


A display of Laura's Legacy monthly small quilts on the back wall.


Our annual group photo with me behind the camera.


And as I was the lucky winner of a door prize, this came home with me. 


Thank you to all for the inspiration, company and delicious food.
 It was another wonderful day in the Barn.

14 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Looks like a nice place to have a get together! Your prize looks lovely, I like the pattern!

Susan said...

I thought you might be there this weekend. Lovely, inspiring surroundings, and gorgeous projects. Lucky win too.

Cheryl said...

Sounds wonderful Elyte - gorgeous project and beautiful inspiration all around. It is my biggest wish to get there one day

Barbara J said...

Lucky you winning a prize! Very nice quilts all around.

Cheryl said...

Lovely day, indeed! I must admit that my favorite thing about a stitching day is the chatter.

Fiona said...

what a fun day... wool and linen.. how gorgeous...
Hugz

Julia said...

You are so lucky to be able to go to Linda's barn...wish I was closer.
Congrats on your prize.
Love all the quilts on show.
Julia ♥

Every Stitch said...

Sounds like a great day and a lovely venue - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

wow what a wonderful place to be stitching at ,and what a happy bunch you are and congrats on your win.xx

Tania said...

Sounds like a lovely day with lots of inspiration. I would love to go one day. Wonderful setting too, and congratulations on your lovely prize x

marina said...

I am sure you had a wonderful time hob nobbing and socialising too. lovely progress on your project and well done with your win too!!

Valspierssews said...

What a lovely venue. Your project looks gorgeous. I love wool. Lucky you to win that great little bundle.
Valspierssews

Merilyn said...

What lovely work you girls got up to!! I haven't worked with wool at all yet.....lucky you with the door prize!!!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Looks like you all had a lovely time and what a great place to do some stitching.