Not a lot of sewing happening here but I did manage to finish a small quilt that was started in a workshop earlier this month.
Our group had a visit from Leonie and Bill, the Westalee Design team. I had bought a ruler and some templates years ago and here was my chance to learn to use them properly. I used a sample pack of Civil War Melodies by Judie Rothermel for the centre and found some longer pieces for the borders. Still to be quilted but happy with the result.
Jo's 20 year old son finished his Farmer's Wife quilt. Mum is very proud but is lamenting the fact that he used the fabrics she had set aside for her own quilt.
Last week end we visited Castlemaine for the first exhibition of their Applique Group. If you visit Sue-Anne's blog you will see the beautiful work on display.
And closer to home, you never know what you might see at the local shops.



13 comments:
Love your little quilt Elyte and Jo's son has made a fabulous quilt there. Hope he will go on to make many more.
Love the little tumbler quilt and am amazed at the 20 year old son's achievement! I have a son of that vintage so I know :) Hope you enjoyed the Applique show - I thought it was just wonderful.
Hilda
Very nice work on your latest little project!!!! Hard to believe a 20 year male created his own quilt, he did a great job!!!!! Love the elephant!!!!!!
Love that little pretty tumbler quilt. The colours are just gorgeous. Is that a clothed elephant? :)
Cute little tumbler quilt, lovely for showing off a range. That is an impressive effort for your friends son......maybe stash sharing is the downside to having a child that quilts. Unusual people in your neighborhood!
love your little tumbler mini, it has turned out so beautifully,well done!
Maybe Jo can claim the quilt as it was her stash? it looks amazing.
very interesting locals?
sounds like a fun day Elyte and those quilts are goreous,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.xx
Love the quilts Elyte, I heard the Castlemaine exhibition was amazing! Not every day you see and elephant in your local shopping centre is it!!
xx
The little tumbler quilt is lovely!
Love, Love your little tumbler quilt. It is so cute.
Your tumbler quilt looks terrific, and wow a 20 year old son that has completed a farmers wife project....now that is impressive.
gorgeous little mini tumbler quilt, and a very clever guy to have made that quilt! It is lovely. I actually managed to miss the news that Castlemaine Applique show was on, would have loved to have gone. I hear it was fantastic
Love your little tumbler quilt. And I had a good chuckle over Mary and her little lamb???
Post a Comment