ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Catching up

We have been busy entertaining overseas guests and I am very late in showing the lovely little mug rug that I received from Fiona.
I have paired the little mug rug with my breakfast cup and it makes for a very happy start to the day. Thank you Fiona for sharing your lovely handiwork.


Recently we travelled the western coast of Victoria and saw some very impressive sights.



We were very lucky to meet this entertaining fellow, sitting in a tree,  on the side of the road. We were literally this close to the koala, a really special and unexpected meeting (photo courtesy of my brother).


We also travelled north to visit the Australian Capital, Canberra.
Here is the view from the new Parliament House, over the old Parliament House (which is now a Museum of Australian Democracy) to the National War Memorial.


The beautiful foyer of the new Parliament House with its columns of gum leaf coloured marble.


I did manage a little bit of sewing and finished my little table runner from Pam Buda's sew along.


Wishing everyone a peaceful, safe and very Happy Easter.


13 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

You've been very busy Elyte. How lucky for your overseas visitors to see a koala like that! Happy Easter xxx

Susan said...

It's a lot of fun to sightsee through the eyes of visitors. You were so lucky to see a koala in the wild, not very common at all. Cute mug rug from Fiona, and your finished runner is lovely. Those eggs look better than the chocolate variety!

Miriam said...

Happy Easter Elyte!

Love your table runner.

Fiona said...

Looks like a wonderful break... so great to see Koala in the wild and so close...
Hugz

Barbara J said...

Always glad to see your posts Elyte. Lovely places and the Pam Buda runner is just gorgeous. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Noela said...

Lovely holiday photos. Love the mug rug and your table runner is beautiful. Happy Easter to you. Hugs......

Shirley said...

Happy Easter Elyte. Glad you have had a great time with your family. Lovely gift you received and you managed a finish.well done to you. X

marina said...

looks like you are enjoying your new mug rug.
lovely travel pics, I particularly like the one looking from parliament house across to the war memorial

Maureen said...

What a perfect match that rug is for your breakfast cup. Love that color combo.
Sounds like fun sightseeing. That's an amazing shot of the koala.
Love the sewalong sashed in red.
Please tell me about the beautiful eggs in your last photo.

Unknown said...

Another Aussie! I think that makes 5 I've found in the last few days ... sew happy (pun intended). I've never actually seen a Koala in the wild, loads of kangaroos, wallabies and a few lyre birds though ... we had one for a flitting visit to our backyard years ago, before fences, and we caught one on it's mound doing it's courting display last year when walking a raised platform walk near Jamberoo.
Hope you had a happy easter

Merilyn said...

Sounds like you had a lovely trip, such beautiful rugged coastal scenery too, a great pic of the koala!!! I've never been inside the new Parliament House, it does look impressive!!! The mug rug is very sweet with the added stitchery, and your table runner is gorgeous!!!! Looks like you've been busy lately Elyte!!

Cheryl said...

I am busy catching up on my blog reading after being away. What a lovely mug rug! And the pictures make me want to come for a visit as well.

FlourishingPalms said...

Love seeing the pics of coast! I've been to both those sites, so it's fun to see them again here. We recently purchased a large canvas photo for our chat room wall, and it's of some of the Apostles. That area of Australia is one of the most beautiful places in the world. You're so fortunate to live in Oz. Fiona made you a really cute mug rug, you lucky girl.