ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Through the Barn door...

Our Gathering in the Barn, with the girls from the Quilted Crow, did not disappoint.

The Barn was decorated with beautiful quilts and the tables were ladened with decorations and gift bags.


Morning tea was available straight away, and refreshed, we were greeted by Deirdre and Leonie.


They introduced us to felted wool and gave us lots of advice on how to incorporate it into our work.


The girls brought lots of goodies to tempt us.




One of our gifts was a woollen pincushion kit complete with a bag of crushed walnuts for the filling.


Here is my unfinished pincushion and I couldn't resist some of those delicious wools.


Some happy stitchers, Sue-Anne, Rosemary from England, me and our wonderful hostess Linda.


Marian was there too. There she is sitting in the foreground

 

 It was a wonderful, wonderful day. We were made to feel very special and it was great to see so many familiar faces. The catering was delicious. Leonie, Dierdre and Linda worked tirelessly all day to make sure that our day was perfect.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks a wonderful time,lucky you.xx

Anonymous said...

O what a perfect setting for a most wonderful day. Looks lovely.

Julia said...

Lovely to see you girls having a great time...

FlourishingPalms said...

Looks like a wonderful time, with LOTS of people! That many interested in wool? Wow. You look great, and my eye caught a pair of darling red shoes on your feet. Cute.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, but beware...wool can be addictive!

Sheila said...

What an incredible day this was for you and your friends , all those gorgeous quilts and other goodies to add to your creative juices . You will love working with the wool , it is just so lovely to hold .Thanks for sharing .

Chookyblue...... said...

March sure is a busy time for workshops........can't wait for mine next weekend..........yours looks great........

Susan said...

Looks like a great day out, and so inspiring with all those quilts on the walls. Love your pincushion - wool felt is fun to work with with.

Sue-Anne said...

Great post Elyte! It was a fantastic day wasn't it. Hope you are feeling better???

marina said...

sounds like a fantastic day. I am so jealous. Will we be seeing more wool applique in your projects?

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

Elyte (aka the ELK lady) it was lovely to meet you.
We did all have a great day, he QC girls & Linda were great hosts. Morning & afternoon tea was yummy, & not to mention really tasty club sandwiches for lunch

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Sounds like a great day! Learning to incorporate wool would be fantastic!

Barbara J said...

Glad you had a wonderful outing! Is this an annual affair? Was it last year that you met Marian and Jo Morton at The Barn?

Nothing beats good friends, good fabric and good food!

Maureen said...

Sounds like so much fun! Pretty pincushion! I love the wools, but so far have resisted buying any, well, except for a little pincushion kit. I'm afraid to start yet another stash! I think I would have a hard time resisting if I went to this event.

Shirley said...

It looks like a fun filled day and I wish that I could have been there .... one day. I know Rosemary had a wonderful day. Thank you for looking after her so well as I of course knew you would.

Lots of love to you.

Christine M said...

What a lovely way to spend a day.

Merilyn said...

Looks just wonderful Elyte! Such great photos and everyone looks as though they thoroughly enjoyed themselves, wish I could go to something like that, my sewing soul needs some of this kind of rejuvenation - ah! one day LOL!!!!