ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sewing basket

At our Sewjourn in Shepparton last month I bought this Gail Pan pattern, "Pretty Hexagon Basket". When Gail visited our group on the day she brought with her, her little sewing bag and I wanted one too!


When the bag is opened the flaps peel back to drop around a hexagonal space, with pockets,  to store sewing tools and projects.


My little red hexagonal sewing box fits perfectly into this sewing bag.


During my very busy week, a surprise package arrived from New York. My brother, who is visiting there at the moment,  thoughtfully organised this little gift for me. Sometimes he listens! Now that he has shown an ability to recognise quilt shops I have emailed him a small shopping list. Stay tuned, do you think that I will get my Jo Morton book, Prairie Flowers Encore?

18 comments:

Barbara J said...

By golly that IS gorgeous! And very practical too.

And some lovely novelty NY fabrics from your brother. I hope he does get you Jo's book ... hope he is still listening! :)

Jeanette said...

Love that bag. I can see why you wanted one. So pretty & handy. Interesting fabrics. I hope you get you Jo Morton book. Hugs,

Christine M said...

Lovely bag Elyte. What a nice brother. My brother thinks I'm a geek because I make things! Needless to say, I've never made him anything!

Maureen said...

Pretty and functional - that's a great little bag.
Cool fabrics from your brother. He did a good job. Good luck getting Jo's book.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely sewing box........

Susan said...

Love the sewing basket. And the results of your brothers shopping look worth the effort of training him! Lucky you.

marina said...

that little bag is just gorgeous!
Your brother is very thoughtful. Perhaps you could email the shop he visited and see if they have the book you want and can put it aside.
Leave nothing to chance!

Valspierssews said...

What a great sewing bag. It looks perfect for keeping everything organised. How nice of your brother to send you some fabrics. They look lovely.

Julia said...

Love the sewing bag...great hexagon idea.
I hope you get your Jo Morton book. Hugs,
Smart thinking to send him a shopping list..that way you save on shipping.
Julia ♥

Unknown said...

superbe petite poche
félicitations !!!!!!!!!
bises

Shirley said...

What a fabulous bag pattern you have there and I may have to go all jealous and have one for myself. What a great brother you have. Hope he remembers the book.

Merilyn said...

I just love the Hexagon Basket!!! You did a beautiful job Elyte!! It's wonderful! My! how nice to get such wonderful novelty prints from NYC!! Look forward to see where you creativity takes you with these!!! It was nice that your brother took the time out get find them for you!!

Cheryl said...

Darling sewing basket! Wow, a brother who sends quilt related gifts...lucky girl! I know where to find your Jo book if he strikes out.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your hexie bag is gorgeous, and so practical! I love it, and have a thorough case of bag-envy. Your brother's a smart cookie, isn't he? I've heard of that quilt shop, but since I've never been to NYC, I haven't had the pleasure. I hope you get lots more wonderful snail-mail treats.

antique quilter said...

ok I just love that sewing basket toooo cute, would look great on my table in the living room where I do some hand work.
Lucky you, your brother listened! I need to stop there next time I go into NYC.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

what a great idea Elyte,oh i hope your brother listened,lol

Sue-Anne said...

Your sewing bag is gorgeous Elyte, love the fabrics you used. What a good brother, fingers crossed he gets your Jo Morton book?

Gail said...

the hexagon basket looks great in those colours, I love it!!thanks!!