ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, May 31, 2019

It's Done

Life got a little bit busy but before I turn the calendar over to June, I must declare that I made my deadline!
After some intense stitching, the FG 9 patch was finished and given to my mother on Mother's Day.

I was so afraid that she would fold it up and put it away in a cupboard to 'save it'.
She was so surprised when she opened her parcel and wrapped the quilt around herself straight away.
During the afternoon she even dropped a little food on it, and I was very pleased.
It is hers now, to be used, and it's washable.


I enjoyed the quilting with perle cotton but had a tendency to pull the thread a little too tightly.

Also, I understand why I have several projects going at once.
I am soooooooooooooo sick of reds!!!!
🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒
I had to steal some time to play with some different colours.
This fabric was gifted to me and was the perfect temporary escape from red.
Another useful little zipper pouch.

9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Elyte wow what a beautiful gift for your mum,I love that she is using it,beautiful work my friend xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt for your Mum and so pleased to hear she is using it. The zippy pouch is beautiful too.

Oddbjørg said...

Beautiful things you have made!

Fiona said...

your FG quilt is so lovely and what a great response from your mum who clearly appreciates, loves and uses it.... the little zippy purse is gorgeous too....

Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well I am definitely in love with your Mum's FG quilt. It's so lovely! Very sweet pouch too! At least we are never spoilt for choice xx

marina said...

your mum's quilt is gorgeous and I'm so happy for you that she has embraced it so happily.
Very cute zipper pouch.

Sue SA said...

LOL I get sick of red also after working on FG! But your finished quilt is beautiful, so pleased your mother wanted to use it, that is the greatest compliment of all.

Shirley said...

Hello Elyte. Love the quilt you made for your mum and lovely that she is using it. Love the colour change and project. Xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh your quilt is beautiful... Love the fabrics.... Yes you do get sick of working on one colour...... Cute pouch too