In a sincere effort to finish off several projects this year, I thought that I would post a picture of my current project as my blog header. Once the goal is achieved, I will replace it with a photo of the next project. Let's see how that goes.
I am pleased to say that three more rows have been added to the Scrappy Nine Patch.
This is a slow process but I am aiming for a January finish.
I must confess to taking some time out to finish something else.
I fell in love with this dishevelled piece of fabric in late 2014.
It is a Cotton & Steel fabric designed by Rashida Coleman-Hale. The range is Moonlit.
It was going to be my 2014 Christmas table cloth.
After some cutting and calculating it was ready to be sewn, and that's where it stopped.
I missed Christmas 2015 and 2016.
Very pleased to say that it is now a tablecloth.
The fabric is 80% cotton/20% linen with the texture of linen.
I love how the white candles play against the linen.
I love how the bright colours pop against the neutral linen and I love the non-traditional Christmas colours.
Please indulge me, just one more.
This will not be stored away. It will be used and enjoyed.
There will be a family dinner to celebrate the new cloth very soon.
14 comments:
I like your scrappy nine patch. Lots of squares of my kind of colors.
I love your scrappy 9-patch. One of my favorite blocks and I love that you are setting it on point.
The table cloth is beautiful and is perfect for your dining room. Is your source for this wide fabric online?
Having your project as your header will be a great motivator. Looks like you are on the home stretch!
Great tablecloth, I agree with you....use it and enjoy all year round it looks wonderful
So exciting being close to a big finish
I love nine patches, they are my favorite block, so I think your quilt is the bomb! And very impressed the longtime UFO is now a table cloth.
Good Morning my lovely friend,wow your nine patch is looking fantastic Elyte and boy do i love your new table cloth,glad you got it finished because it looks fantastic on the table,hope you day is a good one Elyte xx
Love the scrappy 9 patch....have a great 2017
Love that 9 patch quilt! Really beautiful!
Your nine patch is beautiful and so good to hear you are near to a finish. Wonderful motivator having it on your blog header. Wonderful table cloth you gave made, may you have many happy family gathering using it.
Love that scrappy nine patch!
Oh how I love your 9 patch! Your special tablecloth looks lovely too x
Loving the scrappy nine patch...fun celebratory fabric, perfect for a tablecloth...
Great work getting your first UFO completed and how lovely to be able to use and enjoy it!
Looks great to me and a finish. Yay! You could dress it up with lots of different ways. Good luck with the next finish. Soon be there.xx
Love your 9 patch Elyte, its really beautiful :) and you've already had a finish in 2017 with your tablecloth, I love it!! The fabric is gorgeous! The challenge is definitely on now for our Year To Finish :):)
Post a Comment