For the past few years I have enjoyed swapping Christmas gifts with Merilyn in NSW and Barbara in Malaysia. Unfortunately Barbara was still waiting for a parcel into the New Year so we didn't open gifts until all were received.
This gorgeous, festive little zipper purse was made by Barbara and is already in use.
Merilyn made a beautiful Chrismas wall hanging which will decorate our house every year from now on. It is still hanging on the wall, not ready to put it away yet.
I am sad to say that I was not able to make anything, but did put together a little gift for both girls.
Still making my Broken Dishes blocks. Quilt top now measures 17" x 25".
I found this lovely Woodlands fabric by Jo Morton at a recent visit to Patch N Quilt in Gisborne.
Might make a nice border, with a added touch of mustard.
We will see what happens.
Hoping for a year of finishing at least a few projects.




12 comments:
Hope you get more fun sewing time at home and with friends this year.
Your Broken Dishes are looking great!!!!! Love that Woodlands print too!! I have a small piece of it with the mustard background, it must come in a few different colourways, gorgeous print!!!! Always enjoy our swaps Elyte, looking out for another treat to make for next Christmas!!!!!
Lovely gifts. Broken Dishes looks wonderful and I love your fabrics too x
Hi Elyte,such lovely gifts you have received,love your broken dishes,looking forward to catching up with you next month xx
Lots of lovely things in this post. Love your fabric in the last photo. I've got it in blue and it is a favourite.
Lots of beautiful swap gifts, love the mustard and green fabric as possible border. Hope your health issues are a thing if the past and you are enjoying good health now.x
Lovely gifts.....of course I love the pouch! Hoping you can get back to some more sewing in 2016.
You certainly received some lovely gifts. I'm sure your friends were understanding about you not being able to make anything. Your Broken Dishes quilt is coming along nicely!
I really enjoy our Christmas exchanges too. It's a nice fuzzy feeling :) Merilyn did an amazing job on the wall hanging! Love the colours of the broken dishes quilt!
Was wonderful to catch up with you Elyte, hopefully this year will be more productive sewing wise for you. Lovely swaps you have, your broken dishes is looking wonderful.
Lots of beautiful gifts you received and I can't wait to see what you make with your new fabrics :) Barb.
They were lovely gifts to receive Elyte no wonder you do not want to put the little wall hanging away. You are making progress with your broken dishes. Xx
Post a Comment