ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, August 29, 2014

August Mill Rosie Day

Feeling a little out of sync lately so a day at Mill Rose was just what the doctor ordered.

The welcoming red awning greeted us as we entered Ballan.


We missed the last Mill Rose meet so it was lovely to be back in these gorgeous surroundings.


There was the customary swap.
Barb and Marg showing off their lovely gifts.


Shez    and    Lyn       


The two Annes and Tania said they couldn't make it but who did we see lurking in the bushes?


Then at lunch they were uncontrollable , getting up on the furniture and causing general mayhem.


Another very enjoyable day surrounded by lovely fabric and quilts and warm and friendly company.


It was also the start date for the Shirt Challenge and we came home with lots of old shirt pieces to play with. Details are on Tracee's blog.


Hhhm, this is what I have to work with - what to do, what to do?


17 comments:

creations.1 said...

Great photos Elyte - another wonderful gathering enjoyed by everyone attending. Hmmm that basket of shirt pieces is interesting to say the least - at least it has one of my favourite colours in it - the 'orange' will wmake the quilt top 'pop'!!!

marina said...

it was a wonderful day!
love all your shirt pieces together, you have some gorgeous colours there. Oh no I can't see that beautiful purple piece? I promise I didn't kidnap it......

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a beautiful place! Great fun and photos xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Elyte it was so good to catch up with you again,love the fun our group has,love your pics and boy those girls on sticks caused some mischief,lol,cant wait to see what you did with your shirting fabrics,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Christine M said...

Sorry I missed catching up with you Elyte. Can't wait to see what you come up with for those shirt pieces.

Sue-Anne said...

Nothing like a day at a quilt shop to recharge the batteries, looks like you all had a wonderful time.

antique quilter said...

what a fun day you had with your friends and your friends that were there in spirit causing havoc it seems!!!!
Shirt challenge sounds like fun, wonder what and if you will add a fabric to it to bring them together.
I know you will come up with something great
Kathie

Merilyn said...

You look as though you all had such a lovely time.....what a great space to spend the day....lovely swap gifties!!! I look forward to seeing what you do with your shirt fabrics....

Shirley said...

Hope you are feeling refreshed now and the batteries charged. Sounds like a funfilled day. Love the shirting.

Fiona said...

great yoiu got there and I hope it lifted your spirits.... a big assortement for the shirt challenge...
Hugz

Julia said...

What a fun day Elyte, also a great idea for the shirt callenge.
Have fun creating.
Julia

Maureen said...

Quilters sure do know how to have fun! Love the shirt challenge idea. Look forward to seeing what you do!

Cheryl said...

I am sure you will come up with something great out of the shirtings! Sounds like it was a great day to help you get back in sync.

Sisbabestitches said...

Looks like another wonderful gathering :) Oh those shirt bits are wonderful, such a lovely mix, I'm sure something brilliant will come to you :)

kiwikid said...

Love the photos Elyte!! Those naughty girls getting up to mischief!! Looking forward to your shirt creations!!
xx

Binsa said...

It was a great day at Millrosie Eleyte, did not catch up with you. Look forward to seeing, the shirt challenge. Warm Regards, O'faigh

~Niki~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.